Sunday 24 August 2014

Since it is a bank holiday weekend in England, I am using that as an excuse to stray from the path my blog has been trying to follow, and post a series of thoughts that occurred to me during a deep reverie on a long train journey today:

Ever since we fell out of the trees millions of years ago, we have been at war with the tree - and everything else in nature.

Instead of marvelling at nature's power, balance, and beauty, we talk proudly of 'conquering nature' (as if we could anyway), we invent moral codes that are at complete odds with our human nature, and, best of all, we try to imitate nature in many artistic forms.  But, from our point of view, it is still a war on nature's 'perfection'.  Nature just IS.  It is we, the human race, who declared war.

As Nietzsche said: "It is time for the revaluation of all values".  And that goes for 'education' especially.

I know this is brief , but it is a holiday!

Next week, back to 'ranting and raving', as a friend of mine describes my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the 'nature' of the people you mix with or the periodicals or other media you study but 'conquering nature' has not been at the top of the agenda in my or any other circles I know. I'm not even sure what that would be?

    ReplyDelete